Your Cart is Currently Empty
Mink eyelashes are likely one of the most desirable beauty assets you can invest in. They are fluffy, gorgeous to look at, and are delicate enough that you need to take care not to damage them. But don't worry - we have all the steps for how to properly clean and maintain your mink lashes in this article!
Why caring for your eyelashes is important
As someone who wears lash extensions, I can attest to the importance of properly caring for your lashes. Not only does it help to extend the life of your lash extensions, but it also helps to keep your natural lashes healthy and strong. Here are a few tips on how to care for your mink lashes:
1. Gently cleanse your lashes daily. I recommend using a mild and oil-free cleanser like Cetaphil or Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser. Avoid using anything harsh or abrasive on your lashes as this can cause them to break or fall out.
2. Be careful when applying makeup. When applying mascara or liner, be sure to use a light hand and avoid getting any product on the base of your lashes. This can cause irritation and make it difficult to remove your makeup at the end of the day.
3. Use a lash serum. Lash serums help to nourish and strengthen your lashes, preventing them from breaking or falling out. I recommend using Revitalash or GrandeLASH-MD.
4. Get regular lash fills/touch-ups. Getting regular lash fills (usually every 2-3 weeks) helps to maintain the fullness and vibrancy of your lashes. It is also the best way to fill in weakened or broken lashes.
How often should you brush your eyelashes?
How often you should brush your lashes really depends on how often you wear mascara. If you only wear it occasionally, then once a week should suffice. However, if you're wearing mascara every day, then you should be brushing your lashes daily. The best time to brush your lashes is at night before you go to bed. This will help remove any build-up of mascara and will keep your lashes looking healthy and fresh.
Which products to avoid?
If you have mink lashes, you need to be careful about the products you use on them. Some products can damage or even destroy your mink lashes. Here are some products to avoid:
-Mascara: Mascara can clump and stick to your mink lashes, making them difficult to remove. It can also cause your mink lashes to fall out.
-Eyeliner: Eyeliner can also clump and stick to your mink lashes, making them difficult to remove. It can also cause your mink lashes to fall out.
-Eye shadow: Eye shadow can flake off and get caught in your mink lashes, making them difficult to remove. It can also cause your mink lashes to fall out. You may also see some discoloration.
-Eyebrow products: These are the worst. They contain harsh waxes, dyes and chemicals which can cause your mink lashes to burn and cloud over. Some of these brow products can even detach taking your natural mink lashes along with them! MINK EYEBROWS was developed for Women, by Women who preferred a better and safer option than what is typically available on the market today.
How to use mascara?
If you're like me and tend to go a little overboard with your makeup on special occasions, you know that false lashes are a game changer. They can take your look from nice to night out in a snap! But if you've ever worn mink lashes, you know that they come with a bit of a higher price tag than your average drugstore lashes. So how do you make sure you get the most out of your investment? Here are a few tips on how to care for your mink lashes so you can wear them again and again!
1. Gently remove any glue residue from the band with a cotton swab soaked in nail polish remover. This will help extend the life of your lashes by keeping the band clean and free of build-up.
2. Store your lashes in their original case or a similar container to keep them from being bent or damaged.
3. When it's time to clean your lashes, use a mild cleanser and avoid getting water on the actual fur. Gently brush the lashes with a soft toothbrush to remove any makeup or dirt buildup.
4. Let your lashes air dry before storing them away so they retain their shape.
Other care tips: Sleeping, make up, lashes extensions
To keep your mink eyelashes looking their best, you should avoid sleeping on your face. This will help to prevent them from getting squished and losing their shape. If you must sleep on your face, put a silk pillowcase on your pillow to help protect your lashes.
When removing makeup, be careful not to tug or pull at your lashes. This can cause them to come out and will damage the delicate hairs. Gently wipe away makeup with a cotton ball soaked in micellar water or another gentle cleanser.
If you have lash extensions, be sure to visit a professional to have them removed. Pulling them out yourself can damage your natural lashes. Once you have beautiful, long eyelashes, you need to protect them from damage of all kinds. To keep your lashes pretty and healthy, always wear an approved mineral makeup that contains broad-spectrum sun protection and avoid cosmetics with oil, alcohol or silicone ingredients.
Instead of rubbing mascara on directly to each lash and using a cotton swab for removal …once the mascara is dry, use a lash brush or dip your fingertip in some warm water then gently glide over the wet lashes and (this sounds crazy) massage them in a downward motion toward your bottom eyelid! This keeps the mascara from drying onto your top eyelash line.If I had known these tips earlier….well never say never…but I can say they are great tips to keep flawless. We’ll continue the dialogue another time. Until then, stay pretty people!